Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence activities related to EXPO 2015
The Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence of Milan directed by Professor Bruno Nascimbene has organised, in collaboration with other Universities and the Milan Bar Association, several activities, addressing EU law students and researchers, lawyers and judges, professional groups and the civil society, with the aim to promote a better understanding of the subjects treated during the Universal Exposition which will take place from 1st of May to 31st October 2015 in Milan on the theme “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life”.
Such initiatives, which include international and national conferences, seminars, workshops and joint declarations on actions, being held before and during EXPO 2015, were planned to provide an opportunity for knowledge exchange among experts and general public in relation of one of the most pressing challenges of our time which involves several EU and International policy areas: from agriculture to sustainable development, from food safety to environmental protection, from industry to research and innovation.
Here below are listed the main activities carried out by Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence:
- Conference “Food and Law: The Bar Association towards Expo 2015”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 21 May 2013;
- Conference “Economic enhancement and legal protection of the Italian agro-food products in Europe and in the world”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 25 October 2013;
- Conference “Food safety and health protection of consumers in the applicable food legislation”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 28 March 2014;
- Conference “The culture of law and food. The Bar Association towards Expo 2015” as part of “Expo in città”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 16 May, 2014;
- Seminars on specific topics addressed to lawyers (February-April 2014), Milan Courthouse;
- Conference, “Food and Law. Feeding the Planet in the women hands”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 6 March 2015;
- Conference “Wine, heritage and territory”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 7-8 May 2015 (In collaboration with UGIVI (Union of Jurists of the Vine and Wine), UIA (Union Internationale des Avocats);
- Conference “Sustainable Food: Legal and Economic Challenges”, Milan, Bocconi University, 14 May 2015 (In collaboration with Bocconi University and World Trade Institute, Geneva);
- Conference “What’s in my Bowl? From Producer to Consumer, Quality Food for All”, Milan, Palazzo Turati, 14-15 May 2015 (In collaboration with the International Association of Young Lawyers);
- Conference “Protection of life and health and the fight against fraud”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 5 June 2015. This event is addressed to all national Bar Associations.
- Conference “Food security under siege? Feeding a planet hungry for energy”, Aula Magna, Milan Courthouse, 1st October 2015. The closing event will gather the world’s leading experts, academics and practitioners, to discuss on food security, its reach and its implementation and the contribution that lawyers can give.